Can you give Delta 8 gummies to autistic kids?
Do you know 1 in every 160 children is an autism patient? It is only an average figure, and recent reports suggest a substantial increase. Moreover, the Centers for Disease and Control report indicates that almost 40% of individuals have ASD.
Researchers are working hard to get effective treatment for this disorder. Fortunately, the work is constantly progressing. Many researchers considered Cannabis, particularly Delta 8 gummies, as a possible alternative for autism in the past few years. So, let us understand autism and the effects of Delta 8 products by TRE House on it.
The CDC autism spectrum disorders as “a developmental disability that can cause significant social, communication and behavioral challenges. There is often nothing about how people with ASD look that sets them apart from other people, but people with ASD may communicate, interact, behave, and learn in ways that are different from most other people.”
Autism Spectrum disorders are more like an umbrella term that includes autism and Asperger syndrome. Most people with autism are almost similar to typical people. However, some symptoms might help you to know whether an individual has ASD or not.
Here are those possible signs and symptoms.
- Not pointing towards general things that interest kids, such as a flying airplane.
- Not looking at an object when another person points at something.
- Trouble in making relationships with others or not showing interest in other people.
- A problem in expressing their feelings or understanding the feelings of others.
- Seems unaware that people call them or talk to them but responds immediately to other sounds.
- Do not know ways to play, chat, or relate to people.
- Instead of ordinary language, they often repeat the phrases or words said to them.
- Fail to express their needs with simple motions or words.
- Not showing interest in “pretend games,” such as checking the heartbeat of a doll using a fake stethoscope.
- Repeating similar kinds of actions
- Trouble in adapting to a change in their environment or routine.
- Reacts unusually to various tastes, feelings, smell, sound, or look.
- Tend to lose their capabilities.
So, these are some ASD signs. They begin in the initial days of childhood and stay with a person throughout their life.
According to the official site of the CDC, there is currently no treatment or cure for ASD. Here is where Delta 8 Gummies might help. Much research shows that cannabidiol might improve ASD to a significant level. Let us understand it in detail.
Research on Delta 8 Gummies for Autism
A list of research suggests that Delta 8 products by TRE house might affect the endocannabinoid system of your child and deal with issues related to neural networks. Here are some research, studies, or reviews on the effects of D8 on autistic kids.
- A study of 60 children in the Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders found that using Cannabis ( rich with cannabidiol) improved outbreaks in behavior in 61% of the children.
- In 2019, Nature published a study that revealed similar effects. In the study with 188 autistic patients, researchers improved after treatment with oil of 1.5% THC and 30% CBD. Researchers also found that the oil was safe, effective, and well-tolerated.
- A study in October 2021 by researchers of Tel Aviv University suggests that THC is more effective than CBD for treating autism. The researchers concluded it after studying a mouse model.
One of the researchers, Shani Poleg, mentioned to the Times of Israel that several studies are going on to understand the exact ingredient in Cannabis that might be helping people.
While comparing CBD and THC, she said, “The main difference was that THC treatment also improved social behavior, not only repetitive, compulsive behavior. We observed significant improvement in behavioral tests following treatments with Cannabis oil,”
She added that there were “no long-term effects in cognitive or emotional tests conducted a month and a half after the treatment began.” She concluded that this study might encourage researchers to explore this Cannabis for autism and understand which ingredient would be better.
So, all these studies suggest that Delta 8 Gummies might help autistic kids. Moreover, the studies also show that D8 was safe.
Other Possible Effects of Delta 8 on Kids
A study by Tel Aviv University in 2019 showed various effects of Cannabidiol on ASD Comorbid Symptoms. Although D8 and Cannabidiol are different cannabinoids, manufacturers produce D8 by isomerizing CBD. So, there are possibilities that they might offer some similar effects.
Here are some of the effects parents reported after the study.
Effects on Hyperactivity Symptoms
Researchers recorded reports of 38 children with hyperactivity symptoms. Among them, 68.4% of people witnessed an improvement in symptoms, 28.9% noticed no change and only a handful of people encountered worsening symptoms.
Effects on Self-Injury
Among 34 reports on rage attacks and self-injury, 67.6% of patients witnessed an improvement in symptoms, 23.5% felt no change, and only 8.8% reported worsening symptoms. So, in most cases, researchers found an improvement in self-injury cases.
Effects on Sleep Problems
Autistic kids often feel it difficult to take rest or sleep. However, after this study, researchers observed improvement in sleep problems among 71.4% of patients. Only one patient, which makes up 4.7% of the total patients, witnessed worsening symptoms. On the other hand, 23.8% had no change.
Effects on Anxiety
Anxiety is one of the most common issues found in Autistic kids. They get anxious in small situations or circumstances. The research suggests that among the reports from 17 patients with anxiety, 47.1% witnessed better symptoms, five patients felt no change, and four patients noticed worsening situations.
So, these are some other possible effects of Delta 8 Gummies on Autistic kids.
Is It Safe for Kids?
D8 is a natural compound, so considered safe. However, while giving it to kids, you have to be careful. The common side effects in the study mentioned above were somnolence and decreased appetite.
So, before you give Delta 8 gummies to your autistic kids, make sure you visit a professional and ask them about the dosage and other details.
After the federal government legalized hemp-derived products in the market, Delta 8 also came to light. While giving D8 to your kids is federally legal, your state might not allow it. Some states have age restrictions on Delta 8 consumption. If your state does not fall under that category, you might try Delta 8 gummies for your autistic kid.