SAFe Agilist Certification
The SAFe Agilist Certification is a certification training course that teaches you the practices of SAFe and the principles of Lean-Agile. This SAFe Agile certification course will help you understand the Lean-Agile mindset by equipping you with the skills and knowledge of Lean-Agile to be implemented in the transformation process of your organization into the Agile environment.
The SAFe Agilist Certification course is suitable for:
- Senior Managers
- Vice-president, Scrum Master
- Quality Managers/Analysts
- Business Analysts, Agile Coach
- Engineers, CIO, Program and Project Managers,
- Release Train Engineer, Team Lead
- Product Managers
- Portfolio Managers, Consultant
- Enterprise Architects
- Solutions Architects, Systems Architects.
Apart from the ones mentioned above, anyone wishing to aid their organization transitioning into an Agile facilitated environment should go for the Certification course.
Although there are no specific prerequisites mentioned for enrolling in the SAFe Agilist Certification course, however, it is recommended that you have at least five to seven years of experience in software development, business analytics, or business management.
The objectives of the SAFe Agilist Certification course is enumerated as follows:
- Applying SAFe at an organizational level for enabling continuous exploration, integration, deployment, and release of values.
- Enhancing leadership skills in the Lean-Agile framework and in turn help in cascading mindset and principles of the Lean-Agile framework across an organization.
- Enabling Lean-Agile transformation at the enterprise level for achieving business agility.
- Encouraging inter and intra team communication and collaboration across all projects which in turn would help develop large solutions.
- Empowering individuals with a portfolio in Lean to help apply Agile methodology across the entire organization instead of confining the framework only to the solutions delivery teams.
In this subsection you will find out an overview of what you will learn in the SAFe Agilist Certification course.
The main reason for incorporating SAFe in your enterprise is for alignment, collaboration, synchronization, and coordination of the product development and delivery process by several Agile facilitated teams within your organization. To put it in another way, the functioning of the SAFe methodology in an Agile facilitated environment allows the team to increase or reduce the requirements based on the enterprise’s needs. It works for cross-functional as well as for cross-organizational teams in delivering products within the time limit without exceeding budget. Under this section, you will learn to:
- Portray the requirements for thriving in the digital world,
- Recognize SAFe methodology as the working system for Agility in your business model, and
- Sum up the seven competencies of Agile in business.
There are nine fundamental principles of SAFe which you shall learn about. These are:
- Economic approach
- Relating to System method of thinking
- Presuming inconsistencies and maintaining choices
- Building increments quickly along with using incorporated learning cycles
- Evaluating the objectives of the working system and marking the milestones
- Control and minimize backlog and batch size as well as foresee and restrict WIP
- Coordinating with cross-teams in the planning while maintaining an appropriate flow of work and communication
- Encourage mutual communication and collaboration among skilled team members
- Involving team members in the process of decision making to encourage critical thinking ability.
Preparing to form a cross-functional Agile team who will learn the built-in quality practices of Agile while organizing around value with Agile Release Trains (ARTs) shall be the basic learning objectives in this subsection.
Program Increment (PI) using Agile Release Trains (ARTs) shall be an important part of this curriculum wherein you will learn to distribute incremental value in the form of developed and tested software and system within a stipulated time. PI uses harmonization to:
- Unhindered progress in planning,
- Summarize value for feedback,
- Restrict the work in progress,
- Guarantee program level retrospectives with consistency.
Here you can also learn the best way of incorporating DevOps for building and maintaining a constant delivery outlet. This way there will be a constant release of value to customers by maintaining workflow, and automation.
Here you will learn how to scale SAFe practices and principles across multiple SAFe portfolios in your organization. In this subsection you will learn the following:
- Description of the purpose and elements of SAFe portfolio
- Construction of well-defined strategic themes
- Distinguishing between Lean and traditional budgeting approaches
- Employment of portfolio canvas for demonstration of current and future states
The managers, executives, and the leaders in an organization are responsible for the adoption, successful implementation, and continuous improvement of Lean-Agile development and competencies that lead to Business Agility as they have authority over the change and continuous system improvement. Here you will learn how to use Lean-Agile in your enterprise in the following ways:
- Explaining the necessary behaviours to lead by example
- Discussing techniques for leading successful changes and implementation
- Recognizing the steps in the SAFe implementation roadmap.
- Will I get any PDUs after completion of the SAFe Agilist Certification course?
After a successful completion of the SAFe Agilist Certification program, you will get 16 PDUs.
- What is the cost of the SAFe Agilist Certification program?
The SAFe Agilist Certification program costs around ₹45000-55000+ applicable taxes. You will also get a one-year membership for the Scaled Agile community website.